Only employees or agents who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees and agents are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices and Health Hero takes commercially reasonable technical precautions to help keep your data secure. All of our employees and agents are required to sign confidentiality agreements that require that they keep such personal information confidential.
Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process. We may also disclose personal information under certain limited circumstances if we feel it is necessary to enforce or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Health Hero, our employees, our users, or others.
How personal information is used
- In order to improve the quality of results as you use the Health Hero system repeatedly, Health Hero may use a temporary session cookie to remember your identity.
- Certain other functions of Health Hero create profile data (“Profile Data”) and are only available if you create and are logged in to a Health Hero account.
- We ask for your email address and a password when you create your account in order to control access to it. Your Username is used to identify you to other Health Hero users if you specifically allow this to happen.
- Health Hero remembers how you use Health Hero. Over time, this will increase the effectiveness of the services you receive.
- Health Hero may make certain aggregated and anonymized data available to developers via an Application Programming Interface (“API”). Data accessed from the API may be used in outside applications subject to the review and approval by Health Hero.
- To keep you informed of the latest improvements and alerts relating to Health Hero, Health Hero may send you emails and or mobile alerts. You have the ability to opt out of receiving emails and/or mobile alerts.
Sharing of Personal Information
- Any personal information that you disclose on Health Hero becomes available in the system and can be viewed by Health Hero’s administrators. If you opt in, certain pieces of information are also visible to other members of your Company/Group.
- We strongly discourage you from providing any sensitive or personally identifiable information (such as an email address or phone number) through free text or images (e.g., photos, bios, forum postings, evaluations) when submitting or contributing to such public content.
- We may also use your email address without further consent for infrequent, important marketing or administrative purposes.
- Health Hero reserves the right to end specific administrative notices that are required by law, regulation, or as needed to service your account, even if you have opted out of receiving marketing messages.
- Health Hero reserves the right to send specific notices about your program activity if you have engaged with specific programs, tools, or applications from health Hero (e.g., Point earning, badges, alerts).
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information such as usage statistics and effectiveness metrics. Such information does not identify you individually.
- Health Hero does not rent or sell members’ personally identifiable information or program activity with anyone without a member’s expressed consent.
Health Hero Points earning opportunities
- In addition, Health Hero records content, such as text, images, pictures, and profile information which you may either submit or upload to the Site or other Health Hero platforms such as off-site mobile applications or a social media platform. User images and screen names that you upload to the Site or select will be displayed in order to identify you, both to yourself and to other participants.
- To best serve you we may combine this information with data that is publicly available and data that we receive from other reputable sources whose policies meet the Direct Marketing Association’s privacy standards.
Automatically Collected Information
- When you use Health Hero, our servers automatically record standard information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as the page(s) you visited, your Internet Protocol address, Health Hero cookie information, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request. Health Hero uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer Health Hero.
Reviewing, Updating or Deleting Your Personal Information
- You can visit your membership profile page and amend your Profile Data at any time to:
· Update or correct your personal profile information or preferences
· Delete your account completely
· Confidentiality and Security